Sunday, March 14, 2010

iPhone SDK Distribution Pains

So here I am, finalizing an application that I have been working on for a few weeks. It has been a long process learning Objective-C and the iPhone SDK, but I finally have the application ready for upload to iTunes Connect (the AppStore). But, little did I know that Apple's code-signing certificates, provisions, etc.  are even more of a pain than the coding and development process.

I have added and re-added provisioning profiles to both my device and XCode, added certificates to KeyChain, etc., and I have built my application and Zipped it. I have tried multiple times to upload the application binary using Apple's website and the Application Loader, but each time I receive a message telling me that the binary was not code signed properly.

I have tried everything based off of google searches, but with no success. The final thing that I am going to try is to install the newest version of XCode and the iPhone SDK v3.2 Beta, and see if anything is fixed.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Android SDK anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment